Saturday, June 11, 2016

michael topic's topics

My friend, Michael Topic (click his name to visit his excellent blog), has opted to zing a few questions back after being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I can't resist questions, so here we go ...

1.If in doubt, how do you figure it out?
If in doubt?  More like when!  I figure it out by knowing that I might not be able to figure it out.  Then I set to work untangling knots, asking for help if I need it.
2.What’s your best sensual pleasure?

  • Sight: art, nature, little treasures that are half hidden
  • Hearing: a real laugh, excellent music that suits the mood
  • Touch: being enveloped, being warm, deep pressure, softness
  • Taste: yes
  • Smell: seaside, cedar trees, fresh air, bakeries

3.What’s your shoe size?
True European size 38. Varies with US and UK sizes, but always 38.
4.How do you stay true to yourself in a world that doesn’t want you to?
I assume the world wants me to stay the way I am. I do have to compromise because I live in the world with other people, but I assume I'm supposed to be me.
5.When and where were you happiest?
That's a hard one. I have happy moments all of the time, not that I'm a "happy" person. Probably watching people make extraordinary progress that no one expects, but everyone hopes for. It usually comes as a result of teamwork and years of effort.
6.What one thing could I do that would absolutely delight you?
You, Mr. Topic, could continue being you. That would be delightful!
7.When you run out of enthusiasm, what restores it?
Other people, music, words, and physical activity.
8.If you could have one super-power, what would it be and why?
The ability to make pain manageable. Pain is a fact of life, and it helps develop empathy and grit, but unmanageable pain makes it all ...unmanageable?
9.Who do you know that has that super-power?
I have met plenty of doctors, nurses, counselors, therapists, and teachers who who help people exercise this superpower on a regular basis. The professionals are marvelous, but it's the people with the pain who do the hard work. Anyone who successfully manages his or her pain without passing it on to others? Superhero!
10.If you had a chance to address a million people, what would you say?
"Um, hi? Is this thing on?"
11.Why do they even make decaffeinated coffee?
I drank it when I was pregnant, so there's that. Or if you don't want to stay up all night (because you're no fun).

No comments:

Post a Comment